Members of the Society range from amateur genealogists to published historians. Most members just have a keen interest in local history and a desire to preserve our unique historical heritage. Research is undertaken by individual members based on their own individual interests, skills and available time.
The following research activities are currently being undertaken:
- Updating records of St. Andrew’s Uniting Church Cemetery
- Updating records of St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Cemetery
- Research and display of Convict records
- Research and display of local Military Histories, especially Evandale’s connection to the Boer War
- Recording of interesting local people, properties and events
- Production of several historical booklets
Family history research pertaining to Evandale is also undertaken by Society members on behalf of members of the public. The following research fees are applicable.
- Search Fee $25
- Postage $4
- Email of photographs and documents already held digitally $2
- A4 Black and white photographs $0.70
- Scanning and email of photographs $4
Please click on the link to download a copy of the Historical Research Form
For information about accessing our research material, please contact the Secretary, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone and leave a message 03 6391 8128.